Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Surfers On Tour

After the disappointing finish to an otherwise agreeable show in New York, the Butthole Surfers are playing more shows, but not in a city near me. I am totally willing to go to New Orleans but alas, at my far advanced age I know of nobody who wants to spend their weekend with me while I'm being a stupid fan while they gag on oysters and beer waiting for me to get over my excitement. So I will perish in New York while everybody else is having fun.

Here is the upcoming 2008 schedule that I will be missing out on. Cue the tears.

Sept 27 - Austin, TX, Stubbs
Oct 22 - Dallas, TX, Granada Theater
Oct 23 - Houston, TX, Meridian
Oct 24, New Orleans, LA, One Eyed Jacks
Oct 26, New Orleans, LA, The Voodoo Experience Festival
Dec 5-7, Minehead, England, The Nightmare Before Christmas

2 comments:

Brian said...

Hello,

Read about your site on alexinnyc. I have very good news for you. My friend and I went and saw Gibby at the Stone on Sept 3, and grabbed some beers with him afterwards. He told us that they will be playing 2 shows at the Music Hall of Williamsburg in Dec. before they go to London for ATP.

I will probably go to both, so see your there !

Jill said...

That is good news indeed.

I was also at The Stone for that show. Did you take your money back at the end?

We had a little chat with him before the show and asked if he would be playing more. He said, yeah he lives in Brooklyn so he expected to be around, but I like your answer better!

I will watch out for tickets to go on sale and be first on line.