Saturday, November 15, 2008

The Smallest Bit of Butthole Trivia, unconfirmed

So somehow I came across this 80's punk band from Texas, "Fearless Iranians from Hell" whose bassist purpotedly had a member who later became a Butthole. I cannot find any more information, but one punk rock archivist claims he was in an early version of the band, before they made their first LP. I cannot find out his name, but I don't think it matters, other than I'm obsessively recording this stupid detail.

I listened to a couple minutes of this skinhead band, and while I can appreciate their pounding drums, grinding guitar, and of course their name, they were pretty generic. The singer's voice is a little irritating.

1 comment:

Peyote Mudbug said...

Before he was in Fearless Iranians From Hell ('84 - '89), The Eskimo indeed was a Butthole Surfer. Esteemed L.A. Punk scene photographer Ed Colver even has the pics of this era. After leaving The Butts, Eskimo also bassed for SA Hardcore Punk band MP-- who also had other members that did time in The Butts.

Thanks for the website shout-out!