Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Minehead Review

Last weekend the Butthole Surfers played at the Nightmare Before Christmas festival in Butlins Minehead England, along with a bunch of bands that, all together, would have been a whole lot of fun to see. The Guardian has a short review that made me feel all the more remorseful for not being able to go to such an awesome sounding festival. The Times also has a review that really described the great time that I didn't have.

I did look at the options for going to this weekend of rock and roll, but honestly, it was so very British that I couldn't understand how it all worked. There were several different kinds of hotel rooms and it seemed as though you had to buy the whole package in order to get tickets. Also, it seemed like this thing is at a resort at the beach, but again, I couldn't quite dig into it deep enough to get the whole picture. I think this place is somewhere remote, so maybe they wanted to make sure too many people didn't show up and then sleep in their cars or something.

No comments: